The How To: for Same Sex Couples Choosing a Celebrant
November 17, 2017
Celebrant Gives 5 Simple Tips For Weddings at Home
February 28, 2018

It's Official - Same Sex Couples Can Marry as of 11 January 2018 - Get Your Notice In Now!

But, you need to get your form to your Celebrant by tomorrow 9 December 2018 to make the legally required 1 month and 1 day's notice to marry. 

Even i have to admit i thought i'd be waiting for months before the Government could pull this rabbit out of the hat. But they've done it!

2018 is yours to celebrate becoming your loved one's husband, wife or spouse. 

As an Authorised Celebrant, I have officially received correspondence from the Attorney General's Department and now required to say these words within a ceremony......

I am duly authorised by law to solemnise marriages according to law. Before you are joined in marriage in my presence and in the presence of these witnesses, I am to remind you of the solemn and binding nature of the relationship into which you are now about to enter. Marriage, according to law in Australia, is the union of two people to the exclusion of all others, voluntarily entered into for life.

Once you have signed your Notice of Intention to Marry form (witnessed by the Celebrant or official) it is open for 18 months, so even if you don't have a date yet, that's OK. You just need to wait the 1 month and 1 day that is legally required for all marriages. 

Any questions? Call me on 0401 067 181 or email - A full price list for my services can be found on my website with more information around weddings at home or at a venue of your choice at